Buyers beware when buying from Delaware Fine Art Auction
Delaware Fine Art Auction is located at:
1148 Pulaski Hwy #316
Bear, DE 19701
P: (302) 501-6669
F: (302) 501-6660
Here is my experience with Delaware Fine Art Auction:
• Condition of the received artwork was different from what Delaware Auction claimed in a condition report sent to me before the auction. I have numerous letters to prove every word stated here. Please see the photo on the bottom of the page for clear understanding of the extensive damage the artwork arrived with.
• The provenance was changed after the purchase of the artwork, and after numerous requests to provide me with more details they refuse to tell me anything. First I was given a provenance that was referring to 7 artworks I was interested in before the auction started. After I purchased the 2 out of 7 artworks from them, they refused to provide specific provenance to the 2 artworks I purchased, furthermore they eventually changed the provenance to something else all together.
• The shipping charge was 15 times higher than it should have been, I was told numerous times they would look into that, but again, they never did.
• Delaware Auction blocked my phone number so I can no longer leave messages on their machine or speak to anyone there. They do not replay to my e-mails regularly either. After several calls to Delaware Auction they literally blocked my number.
• Delaware Auction received negative markings from Better Business Bureau after not complying to their requests.
• Delaware Auction is currently investigated by the Department of Justice.
Here is a letter from Better Business Bureau:
Here is a letter from Department of Justice:
Here is what the artwork condition looks like